Join Fox News for access to this content

Plus get unlimited access to thousands of articles, videos and more with your free account!

Please enter a valid email address.

By entering your email, you are agreeing to Fox News Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive. To access the content, check your email and follow the instructions provided.

An investigation and manhunt are underway after multiple people were found dead in two homes in Illinois on Monday afternoon, according to the Joliet Police Department. 

During a press conference Monday evening, police said the seven people were found shot to death.

Joliet Police Detectives are currently seeking the whereabouts of Romeo Nance, 23, who is believed to be driving a red Toyota Camry with the license plate number Q730412. 

Police believe that Nance knew the victims and that they were relatives. 

GRANDMA BUSTED TRYING TO FLEE COUNTRY IN FSU PROFESSOR’S MURDER-FOR-HIRE PLOT COULD LOSE LAWYER IN LEGAL TWIST

“In my 29 years on the force, this is the worst crime scene I’ve ever been associated with,” police told local reporters during the press conference. 

Detectives stated it is an active investigation and that Nance should be regarded as armed and dangerous. 

The identities of those victims have yet to be released. 

PARENTS OF TEXAS TEEN KILLED IN ROAD-RAGE SHOOTING SHARE MESSAGE WITH WANTED GUNMAN

Vehicle believed to be tied to a series of shootings in Joliet, IL

Nance is also wanted in connection to several other shootings.

Deputies said just before 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, they were called to an apartment complex where they found a man bleeding from the head from an apparent gunshot wound. Deputies told WGN 9 that the victim later died. 

The victim was later identified as Toyosi Bakare, 28, who was originally from Nigeria and had been living in the U.S. for nearly three years, WGN 9 reported. 

According to deputies, about ten minutes before the fatal shooting, a 42-year-old man was shot in the leg and sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

Authorities stated the victims in Sunday’s shootings are not connected to one another and appear to be random in nature.

Officials said the plate numbers on the vehicle that authorities believe Nance is driving match the vehicle spotted near both shooting scenes on Sunday. 

According to the Patch and court records, Nance was charged about a year ago after he tried to shoot a woman multiple times. Police found him near his home and arrested him after a brief struggle with officers.

CALIFORNIA AUTHORITIES NAB ‘MASTER OF DISGUISE’ AFTER YEARSLONG MANHUNT

This car is believed to be what Romeo Nance is driving

Nance was charged as part of Operation New Year’s Resolution and was released after posting $10,000 of a $100,000 bond, according to court documents. 

Anyone with information regarding Nance and the vehicle is encouraged to contact the Joliet Police Department.

Read the full article here

Share.

Comments are closed.