Silencer Shop needs little introduction in the NFA space. Since their founding in 2011, they have grown to become America’s largest suppressor distributor. They have made great strides in simplifying the NFA purchase and transfer process, making silencers more accessible to more shooters. Now they have also announced a partnership with Ruger to offer a new exclusive version of the popular Mark IV rimfire pistol. This new model is called the Ruger Mark IV Silencer Shop Host, or SSH for short. As you might expect from a group like Silencer Shop, the Mark IV SSH handgun is designed to be optimized for suppressed shooting. Check out all the details in the Silencer Shop Host press release copied below.
Silencer Shop @ TFB:
MAY 9, 2023
Silencer Shop’s Ruger Mark IV Silencer Shop Host
Austin, TX – Silencer Shop announced a new firearm in collaboration with Ruger, the Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Silencer Shop Host (SSH). Available exclusively at Silencer Shop, the SSH builds on the famous Ruger Mark IV platform and is optimized for use with a suppressor.
The Ruger Mark IV SSH features a 3” cold hammer forged threaded barrel with a 1” profile to match most .22lr suppressors. This barrel length is designed to stabilize all .22LR ammunition and to keep velocities subsonic to maximize suppression. The Ruger SSH is equipped with rubberized grips, ambidextrous safety, and a Picatinny accessory rail for mounting optics.
The blued alloy steel receiver ensures durability and longevity and includes a special edition laser-engraved Silencer Shop logo. The full-size frame integrates serrated front and back straps and checkered 1911-style grip panels. The Ruger Mark IV SSH includes three 10-round magazines and is packaged in a hard-sided carrying case.
- ·Comfortable, precision-molded polymer grip frame with a serrated front strap and checkered back strap
- ·Cold hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity
- ·Ergonomic bolt stop
- ·Checkered, 1911-style grip panels for a great appearance and comfortable, non-slip hold
- ·Internal cylindrical bolt construction ensures permanent sight-to-barrel alignment and higher accuracy potential than conventional moving-slide designs
- ·Contoured ejection port and easy-to-grasp bolt ears allow for durable and reliable operation round after round
- ·Factory-installed Picatinny rail for easy mounting of optics
- ·Ambidextrous manual safety can be converted to left side only with included washer
- ·Conveniently located push-button magazine release on the left side of the frame
- ·Magazine disconnect prevents discharge when the magazine has been removed
- ·Three 10-round magazines.
- ·Length: 7″
- ·Height: 5.5″
- ·Width: 1.22″
- ·Weight: 29 oz
- ·Barrel Length: 3″
- ·Receiver Material: Alloy Steel
- ·Grip: Polymer, Checkered 1911-Style
- ·Finish: Blued
- ·Grooves: 6
- ·Twist: 1:16 RH
For additional assistance, contact us at [email protected] or 512-931-4556.
Suppressed rimfire shooting is extremely popular for a number of reasons, not least among which include factors like low decibels and low costs. Ruger’s catalog of different Mark IV models numbers more than three dozen, ranging in MSRP from $519 to $1039. Silencer Shop’s official product page shows the SSH with a $749 MSRP, and their website’s dealer list advertises marked-down offers as low as $559 as of the time of writing. The Mark IV has already been used as a successful silencer host in other configurations, so it’s likely that this new SSH variant will also work well. What do you think of it, readers? Do you like the choices Silencer Shop and Ruger have made with this model? Have you shot other Mark IVs suppressed, and how did you like them? Will you be purchasing a Silencer Shop Host, and what rimfire silencer will you use with it? Let us know in the comments! See you at the range.
Images courtesy of Silencer Shop.
Read the full article here